Thursday, April 8, 2010

7-Year-old Raped; A Child Responds



by Marypat Hector

How can anyone breathing sit silently as young girls are being raped? While a young girl’s innocence is being stolen like a piece of gum from the candy store? The thought of a seven year old...no the thought of any child being harmed in that way brings a constant flow of tears to my eyes. But then again, as a self made ambassador of peace, I find myself getting angry and must check my feelings and begin to reflect. This is how Martin and Malcolm must have felt when they saw African Americans being lynched.

It makes me wonder why and who has failed us. Yes, we are both victims and perpetrators. But where were the caring adults? What about the neighbors, did they not hear her cries for help? Well, I here your cry and I will be your voice. Sadly, acts of violence like this are happening all over the world. Have adults also become desensitized to the violence?

At seven, a young girl should be playing with brat dolls and deciding what she will be when she gets older. Now, she is plagued with senseless act for the rest of her life. Again, I ask where were the adults, school teachers, neighbors and city officials that are suppose to protect kids from harm?

Read the Full Essay @ Global Grind

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment